Singapore can boast of highly literacy population and as we all know, people gain knowledge from books, newspapers, magazines, periodicals, etc. If we add to this strong regime of intellectual property protection, ease of starting a business and the availability of competent employee, Singapore becomes an ideal center for the publishing industry.
Licenses for print publication in Singapore
Permission to publish newspapers should be obtained from the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) for:
1. Printing of newspapers in Singapore. By the newspaper is meant any publication that contains news, reports and any observations or comments on the news, messages, or include any other issues with regards to public interest, that is published for the sale and distribution free of charge on a regular basis, but do not include a publication for government.
2. Offshore newspapers in Singapore. These newspapers write about current state of affairs outside the Lion City and are published outside the territory of the country with a circulation of 300 copies or more in Singapore.
3. Malaysian newspaper in Singapore.
The procedure for applying for permission to print newspapers in Singapore include:
1. The owner or the chief editor should apply together with the following supporting documents to Registrar of Newspapers in Singapore:
2. You can get a Newspaper Permit without paying any fees what pleases but for an offshore newspaper a bank guarantee is S $ 200,000.
3. Processing the application usually takes 15 working days and received permit will be valid for one year.
4. During your business anything can happen and due to this you may need to change the name of the newspaper, the nature of the content, language and frequency of publication, etc. In this case it will be required to get new permission.
5. Remember that after obtaining the permission you have 3 months to publish the first issue of the publication. In other case authorities will be interested in your purpose of your Singapore business and obtaining the permission.
Printing Press License in Singapore
If you intend to run the press to print any publications such as newspapers and magazines in Singapore, you will need to obtain a license from the registrar to print newspapers.
1. Before applying for your license to print you must perform the following pre-conditions:
– Workrooms for printing operation must be approved by the URA;
– The business must be registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority ACRA.
2. To complete the procedure and obtain required license you have to submit an application with the following documents to the Registrar of Newspapers in Singapore and:
– If the applicant is a third party, he must submit a Letter of Authorization;
– If you are going to make business not by registered with ACRA address. you will have to contact the Chief Inspector of Factories to approve premises for the purpose of printing.
3. It usually takes three working days to process the successful applications, according to which the license is issued for a period of one year.
4. No license fees.
5. The license is not transferable. If there are any changes to the license holder or a change of the location of the printing you must get a new license.
Language can certainly be a major hindrance in doing business in today’s world if you dont know how to tackle it. This becomes even more cumbersome for multinational companies who have businesses in numerous countries, thus making the translation from the parent to native language and vice-versa extremely complicated. So, if you are on the lookout for reliable translation agencies in Raffles Place or Singapore, read on to find out more.
An ideal company offering translations services in Raffles Place or Singapore should provide different types of translation services; ranging from legal to business. The importance of legal translation cannot be stressed enough owing to the widespread demand for these services. This is why you should find out more about Lyric Labs, which over the years has evolved as the most preferred legal translation company in Singapore. For about a decade, Lyric Labs has been providing top notch legal translation services to its worldwide clientele.
They have over 1500 translators who are adept in all the various nuances of legal translation like translating legal documents and business contracts, certifications, legal correspondences and any documents related to legal activities. So, what makes Lyric Labs the most preferredchoice in an otherwise crowded market? Lets find out!
a.Turnaround time: Once you enter into a contract with Lyric Labs, you will be amazed at their speed of delivery. Their clients have often received their finished work well ahead of time, thus leaving a lasting impression prompting them to hire their services repeatedly.
b.Precise translation: Its all about accuracy when it comes translation; even more so when it is translating legal documents. You cant afford the slightest error or omission when it comes to translating patents or contracts. This is where Lyric Labs with its experienced and certified translators can open the doors for you.
c.Cost: As the saying goes, Quality never comes cheap! Well, Lyric Labs is one of the few exceptions to this case. Judging by the quality of their services and their star-studded clientele, a new client often expect a high quote and is surprised every time when they receive a quote that is actually lower than the industry standards. To be exact, Lyric Labs offer their high quality legal translation services at a 30% reduced rate thus making it the most preferred translation agencies in Raffles Place or Singapore
d.Experience: Legal translation is one arena where the experience of translators can mean much. Owing to the complicated terminologies involved while translating a legal document, the need of the hour is translators who have experience and expertise in handling such complicated assignments. There is barely any room for misinterpretation or inaccurate translations. To this end, Lyric Labs certified translators are the best you will find out there. They are well aware of the various legal terminologies and many of them have firsthand experience in working with legal firms making them well qualified for the job.
Therefore, if you are looking for legal translation agencies in Raffles Place or Singapore who can deliver timely, accurate and high quality legal translation, look no further. Visit our website http://www.translators.com.sg/ today!
Tourism industry is prevailing all around the world. A large number of western citizens are coming towards the eastern countries for adventure holidays and affordable shopping. Among all the major countries and destinations, Singapore seems to be the most popular due the surplus amount of the travelers who visit this country. It is very small in size; even then, Singapore has been able to influence the entire world with its capabilities of business and perfect lifestyle. It is considered to be the most safest country to travel however, it is very important for the travelers to follow certain rules to avoid troubles. Travelers are always under the threat of being charged with illogical charges or fake allegations. Before coming to Singapore, the tourists should try to obtain some knowledge in Criminal Law In Singapore.
All the travelers try to collect information about the transit services, tourist locations and the major attractions of Singapore. However, they tend to forget that the criminal or civil law is also very important. Often the travelers who are completely unaware of the Singapore are framed under false charges or are accused by someone illegally due to several conditions. The anti social elements of the country are also active in such activities. In case a traveler is accused under false charges, he should try to hire the top criminal lawyer to fight his case. Before leaving for the Singapore, try to visit the various websites and find out about the code of conduct applicable on the tourists. How a traveler has to behave in public, in tourist places, in temples and other sacred places along with what are the regulations applicable on them while they are in the country.
Some of the travelers who are unaware of the basic rules and regulations often get involved into unwanted situations. They can try to persuade the court of law and the police about their condition through the best criminal lawyer. You should also try to inform the High commission of your country since they are always ready to help the citizen of their country. However, it is better to stay updated with law, since it helps in staying away from the troubles. Apart from this the criminal lawyer and the knowledge in criminal law of Singapore helps the travelers to know if they are victim of any crime or whom they have to contact in case of any unwanted condition or situation. Be smart to travel smart in Singapore and enjoy holidays.
Vendela Jar is an expert writer having vast experience about the Law industry. Currently, she is writing on various topics like criminal defense lawyer. For More Information Click Here.